Friday 12 December 2014

The 12 Days of Khyron - Day 3

Its already day 3 and today we have a simple terrain tutorial for you.  Miniature war gaming for me is far beyond just the game, its the visual experience.  If I am playing a game that makes me feel like I am right there in the action, I don't even care if I lose.  Its the experience of it all that makes it fun.

I love great terrain, nicely painted miniatures and terrain accessories so today we bring you some basic and simple instructions on how to make explosion markers.  They are perfect for use with missile strikes and exploding battle pods.






What you will need:


  • Poly fill stuffing
  • 1 1/2" wood disks (found at Michaels craft store or its likeness)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Yellow, Orange and Red craft paint
  • Make-up sponges

Form the poly fill stuffing into puffs about the size of your miniatures and hot glue them onto the disks.  I apply a lot of glue to cover most of the disk then push the poly fill onto them so that the whole disk is covered.  Painting the disks black beforehand is also a good idea as you don't want the original color (in this case white) showing through.

 Apply a liberal amount of black spray paint and allow to dry.  Using a hair dryer can speed the drying process up.

 Purchase yellow, orange and red craft paint along with some make-up sponges.

 First apply the yellow using the make-up sponge, then orange over top, and finally a bit of red.

"That boy has really gotten a lot better." - Roy Fokker

No comments:

Post a Comment